I think the meal backlog is actually getting worse, instead of better. This ‘wrap-up’ is turning more into a ‘preview’ of the coming week’s posts.
- Friday, April 5
- Katsudon, pork burger with homemade bread, grocery trip, down to $125.15.
- Saturday, April 6
- Blanquette de veau, no change in budget.
- Sunday, April 7
- Pumpkin bread, garlic paste, wings for birthday party, down to $107.63.
- Monday, April 8
- Cauliflower and egg, tomato beef stew.
- Tuesday, April 9
- Wednesday, April 10
- Beef braised in soy-honey sauce.
- Thursday, April 11
- Braised turkey drumsticks.
Here’s a simple meal we’ve had a couple of times since the Challenge started.
The main dish is tomato and eggs, a classic Chinese dish I’ve posted about before. The side is – what else? – Shanghai bok choy, my favourite vegetable.